We have a five – skill set core value system at VSPK International School, powered by CBSE as well as NCF (2005) guidelines. The curriculum focuses on:
SKILL-WISE CURRICULUM FOCUS
- Physical wellbeing, health and motor development – gross and fine motor skills, eye-hand coordination, physical hygiene and stamina, are all important parameters we take into consideration. The physical and mental welfare of the child is of utmost importance to us.
- Cognitive Development – this includes general awareness with regard to one’s environment, encouraging development of observation skills & scientific aptitude, and development of numerical ability, logic & reasoning to aid mathematical aptitude.
- Creative and Aesthetic Development – co scholastic/extended class activities such as music and art, dance and drama help the child to develop confidence and imagination, as well as self-expression.
- Language, Communication and Literacy Development – effective provision for the development of these, needs careful planning across all areas of learning to ensure that children have opportunities to develop, apply and extend their skills of communication, speaking, listening, reading and writing through a variety of media.
- Personal, social and emotional development – at VSPK International School, care is taken to ensure that a child’s values develop according to a set of well-founded principles and ethos. An intelligent child who is sensitive to not only people but also the environment – is a model citizen.
The pre-primary students have no formal assessment. The student’s performance and progress is gauged using formative tools which are informal and ungraded. This style of assessment helps the teacher to guide the student as well as help parents to understand the child’s performance.
EXAMINATION AND ASSESSMENT
- Observing and Investigating children’s individual behaviors as they spend time in class.
- Analysing and evaluating the child’s progress in relation to set goals.
- Maintain relevant documents which record the child’s performance in order to help the student in a weak area.